Thursday 20 April 2023

"They Only Come Out At Night" A Short Story!

The night was dark and silent, with only the sound of crickets chirping in the distance. The moon was full, casting an eerie glow over the deserted streets. It was the kind of night that made you feel like you were being watched, like something sinister was lurking in the shadows.

As I walked down the street, I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being followed. I turned around, but there was no one there. I quickened my pace, my heart pounding in my chest. That's when I saw them - a group of shadowy figures, moving silently towards me.


I tried to run, but they were too fast. They caught me and dragged me into an alleyway, where they proceeded to beat me mercilessly. I begged for mercy, but they just laughed and continued their assault.


When they were done, they left me lying there, broken and bleeding. As I lay there, I realised that these were the people who only came out at night - the ones who revelled in violence and cruelty, who took pleasure in causing pain and suffering.


Over the next few weeks, I heard stories of other people who had been attacked by these same individuals. They were like a pack of wolves, preying on the weak and vulnerable. They were the kind of people who continually ran to the police to resolve their petty civil disputes, but who took matters into their own hands when it came to matters of violence and revenge.


I knew that I had to do something to stop them. I started to investigate, gathering information and talking to people who had been victimised by these individuals. It wasn't easy - they were elusive and secretive, operating in the shadows and leaving no trace of their activities.


But I was determined to bring them to justice. I worked tirelessly, following leads and piecing together the puzzle of their activities. And finally, I had enough evidence to take to the police.


The trial was long and gruelling, but in the end, justice was served. The perpetrators were sentenced to life in prison, and the streets were safer for it. But I knew that there were others out there, waiting in the shadows, ready to strike at any moment.


As I walked home that night, I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. I knew that the danger was still out there, lurking in the darkness. But I also knew that I had the power to fight back, to stand up against the forces of evil and make a difference in the world.


And so I walked on, determined to keep the streets safe and protect those who couldn't protect themselves. For I knew that as long as there were people like me, willing to stand up against the darkness, there was hope for a better tomorrow.



Concept by Matt Taylor, written, researched and compiled by Perplexity…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show your appreciation with a donation.